The course is designed to impart knowledge and skills related to 3D printing technologies, selection of material and equipment and develop a product using this technique in Industry 4.0 environment.
- Develop CAD models for 3D printing.
- Import and Export CAD data and generate .stl file.
- Produce a product using 3D Printing or Additive Manufacturing (AM).
- Select a specific material for the given application
- Select a 3D printing process for an application.
Duration : 33 hours
The course is designed to impart knowledge and skills related to 3D printing technologies
Module 13D Printing (Additive Manufacturing) (3 Hours)
Introduction, Process, Classification, Advantages, Additive V/s Conventional Manufacturing processes, Applications.
CAD for Additive Manufacturing (4 Hours)
CAD Data formats, Data translation, Data loss, STL format.
Module 3Additive Manufacturing Techniques (12 Hours)
- Stereo- Lithography, LOM, FDM, SLS, SLM, Binder Jet technology.
- Process, Process parameter, Process Selection for various applications.
- Additive Manufacturing Application Domains: Aerospace, Electronics, Health Care, Defence, Automotive, Construction, Food Processing, Machine Tools
Module 4Materials (8 Hours)
- Polymers, Metals, Non-Metals, Ceramics
- Various forms of raw material- Liquid, Solid, Wire, Powder; Powder Preparation and their desired properties, Polymers and their properties.
- Support Materials
Module 5Additive Manufacturing Equipment (10 Hours)
- Process Equipment- Design and process parameters
- Governing Bonding Mechanism
- Common faults and troubleshooting
- Process Design
Post Processing: Requirement and Techniques (4 Hours)
Module 7Product Quality (4 Hours)
- Inspection and testing
- Defects and their causes
List of Practicals
- 3D Modelling of a single component.
- Assembly of CAD modelled Components
- Exercise on CAD Data Exchange.
- Generation of .stl files.
- Identification of a product for Additive Manufacturing and its AM process plan.
- Printing of identified product on an available AM machine.
- Post processing of additively manufactured product.
- Inspection and defect analysis of the additively manufactured product.
- Comparison of Additively manufactured product with conventional manufactured counterpart